Monday, April 21, 2008

Welcome to the workshop in Manchester!

Welcome to tomorrow's workshop in groovy Manchester! ;-)

Right now, as I write, you're no doubt tucked up in bed getting a good nights' sleep in advance of the workshop. But when you read this you'll have had the chance to look at some blogs from different fields of endeavour. What has impressed you? What has left you bemused? What works? What doesn't?

Share your thoughts and opinions with the rest of the group... Post your thoughts as comments on this message. If you've come across any excellent blogs, remember to post a link so we can all take a look!

Cheers,

-Will.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://web2list.com looks useful and I have made anote of this one to have a look at in future.

Anonymous said...

i got a bit caught up on Warwick blogs - there was a very lively deabte on china/tibet issue.
I think this is a great forum for students and staff but i didn't notice an obvious link from the homepage...

Rosa said...

Found some useful sites, with good examples of what I am would like to implement, e.g. Perth Library. Was a bit disappointed in the lack of comments on some posts.

Also found that the majority of corporate blogging was an excuse to bully or "bitching" about people/colleagues behind their backs. I'm sure Brenda in the call centre would not be happy that one of her staff members was slagging her off (more than likely during work hours) while she gets on with her working day oblivous to the fact that random strangers are commented on the new decor in her office! Bizzare that people would even be interested.

Anonymous said...

Some blogs looked great, such as @thelibrary however others were very strange, and pointlesss to me. I am looking forward to looking at more blogs.... Mary