Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Welcome to the workshop in Newcastle!

I hope you've enjoyed the start of the workshop! When you read this you'll have had the chance to look at some blogs from different fields of endeavour. What has impressed you? What has left you bemused? What works? What doesn't?

Share your thoughts and opinions with the rest of the group... Post your thoughts as comments on this message. If you've come across any excellent blogs, remember to post a link so we can all take a look!

Cheers,

Helen

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can not believe there are so many blogs out there

Anonymous said...

Hi! From Lazarus - enjoying the course so far - especially the call centre blog. LOL :-)

Anonymous said...

Yes, enjoying it so far. I can see how we would use this in the future-although the funny ones are interesting!

Anonymous said...

There are a lot are out there! Some better than others, which is a great test of our evaluation skills.

Anonymous said...

This is a very interesting chance to learn new skills and embrace the changes within the 21st century.

Anonymous said...

I find it a bit overwhelming - you could spend all day looking at these things and not find anything useful (although quite entertaining). Is it possible to search multiple blogs at in one go?(cross-blogging?)

Anonymous said...

I'm too am slightly overwhelmed by the sheer number of blogs (but in a good way).

Anonymous said...

There are some very interesting blogs out there.

Anonymous said...

This course has been really interesting so far, I hadn't realised there were so many blogs out there. However I'm not really sure how one would find time to read them all! Getting people to use them might be a problem. I like the idea of being able to use a blog instead of a webpage, I'm sure that would be so much easier and take a lot less time.

Anonymous said...

Noticed that @the library had more comments/interaction than other more formal sites. Lots of "interesting" pix as well.

Anonymous said...

Jan - use technorati to search multiple blogs

Anonymous said...

>What has impressed you?

The range of blogs and that people are trying the use blogging to communicate.

>What has left you bemused?

That some of the blogs exist - they seem to have so little information and yet haven't been closed down.

>What works?

Great range of recommened links to other, possibly more interesting blogs.

>What doesn't?

Alot of the styles are dreadfuly dull.