Tuesday, April 21, 2009

RSC East Midlands - Leicester Friday 24th April

I hope you've enjoyed the start of the workshop! When you read this you'll have had the chance to look at some blogs from different subjects. What has impressed you? What has left you bemused? What works? What doesn't?

Share your thoughts and opinions with the rest of the group... Post your thoughts as comments on this message. If you've come across any excellent blogs, remember to post a link so we can all take a look!

Cheers,

Ashley

8 comments:

Martin Cooke said...

An interesting statistic that might be useful would be:
How many blogs are not updated?
- after 1 month?
- after a year?
- after 2 years?

Martin

Anonymous said...

Hello everyone

This is Mark (sitting closest to the door). This is one of my favorite blogs http://chargreaves.blogspot.com/

It shows the life of a semi professional footballer and is really well written and regularly updated.

I'm looking forward to creating my own blog in a moment.

Michael said...

Some of the blogs did seem a bit out of date. The West Suffolk College one hadn't been updated since last October.

I suppose people run out of things to say or just don't have time.

Michael

Kevin (RSC) said...

one of my roles at the RSC is to develop case studies for the Excellence Gateway website.

www.excellencegateway.org.uk

I know that there are some examples of blogs, wikis etc on there. I'll find them out and put them onto our Moodle (VLE), which you'll get a link to via email, so you can see examples of what others in the sector have been doing.

K

birthday girl said...

I was really interested in Samuel Pepys diary, it was my birthday on tuesday so to see what he was doing on that day all those years ago was cool!

Nicki said...

Hi this is Nicki; Samuel Pepy's diaries were fascinating, I am looking forward to encouraging students to in teract and measuring the effect on learning

Rosemary said...

Liked The Guardian blog related to the difficulty in booking a meal at a top restaurant, but was suprised that there appeared to be no comments posted!

Jo said...

i found the technorati.com useful to search for useful blobbs